Angus> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Enrico> And we were both right, of course, only somewhat blind...
Enrico> Please, have a look at the attached patch... How
Enrico> embarassing... there even is a LYX_LOCALEDIR env var fitting
Enrico> the purpose.
>> Embarrassing indeed (for me maybe). Shouldn't you use + return
>> "locale/"; instead?

Angus> The locale dir is relative to the directory holding the LyX
Angus> executable, so Enrico's fix (which presumably is tested ;-))
Angus> looks right to me:

So why does the code say otherwise?

        // 2. Search for system_support_dir / <relative locale dir>
        // The <relative locale dir> is OS-dependent. (On Unix, it will
        // be "../locale/".)
        path = normalizePath(addPath(system_support_dir,
relative_locale_dir()));