Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>>> There is also a bug about the fact that the format names cannot be
>>> translated. Would you have an idea on the subject? Maybe gettext
>>> can find translatable strings in python files...
>
> Georg> Yes: http://docs.python.org/lib/module-gettext.html (although I
> Georg> did not use it, but I am sure it could be made to work).
>
> It would be nice to have, not to use it in the script, but just mark
> the strings so that they go in the po file.

That should not be difficult either with a dummy _() function. Bo, do I
remember correctly that you had a patch for lib/configure.py that created a
method to add format entries? This would be very useful here.

> Georg> Why would you make "internal" a property of the converter? I
> Georg> proposed a patch some days ago that introduces a "noexport"
> Georg> flag for formats.
>
> Yes, I have not taken the time to read this one yet.

Do you intend to do so, or should I just commit it? I got no complaints so
far.

> Georg> IMHO the decision whether a format should be listed as
> Georg> exportable or not depends on the format, not on the used
> Georg> converters.
>
> What I had in mind is to replace the hardcoded Backends list by
> converters marked as internal. I am not sure anymore it makes sense :)

This is not covered by my patch, but it would be trivial to add a "backend"
flag or something similar to the backend formats.

Georg