On Apr 27, 2006, at 4:31 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> Bo Peng a écrit :
Dear all, The document -> settings dialog is pretty well organized,
and I could not find a good place for this option. Any idea?

Abdelrazak> I would put it in the File dialog instead. The idea is
Abdelrazak> that this feature is transparent for the user, right? In
Abdelrazak> this case, lyx will only save in compressed format if the
Abdelrazak> file is already as such. A toggle button (or a check box)
Abdelrazak> in the file dialog would indicate the compression state
Abdelrazak> (ON/OFF); if you want to reverse the logic compress state,
Abdelrazak> just toggle the button.

I do not think we have this kind of control on the file dialog. Does
qt offer that? Do the naitve windows or osx dialogs offer that?

I'm not sure it's easy to do on Mac with native file dialogs. (We had investigated something similar previously -- adding a button to take you to the templates/examples folder -- and had no success.)

Why not make it an item under the Document menu, say just under Document Settings...? (If checked, the file is compressed; if not, it's not -- similar to Document -> Change Tracking -> Show Changes in Output.)

Bennett