Apparently they won't be set correctly as I need to reconfigure after an
initial startup. See my previous mail.

That was exactly what puzzled me. I do not have a windows machine
here. And I (or you) need to see the result of

1. clear Application Data/lyx
2. start lyx
3. DO WE SEE auto in $HOME/.lyx/lyxrc.default?

> If you do not like html menu, you can set its format to empty. This is
> why I introduce 'auto' rather than simply replying on an empty viewer
> entry.

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it is broken with htlatex.

I know that. I mean, if the menu item is broken, you can disable it that way.

Bo