Joost Verburg wrote:

Because I already wrote lots of NSIS-based Windows installers, it is possible for me to provide you all with hack-free scripts that make everything a lot easier. If we now decide to go on with this integrated solution, we can really take LyX/Win to the next level.

I've seen you on the NSIS-lists and know that you'll build us a perfect installer. I now understand what you want to achieve. A thing that is missing in my installer is indeed a method to update only LyX or only a third party program when there's a problem with it.

Due to a delay in my email I also answered you in the old installer discussion thread. Please consider the specialites I have in my installer to avoid several problems of installed third party programs and especially the code for TeXLive; it was really hard to support TeXLive because of its completely different installers and registry settings of every version (they change it every year :-( )

best regards
Uwe