Michael Gerz a écrit :
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Unicode has to go forward anyway. I'd think that 1.5 now would not
make sense (since qt4 and gtk are not ready). When they are ready,
we'll see how far the unicode work has gone.It may be that the LyX
meeting is what we need to get unicode going.
Abdel, do you have any idea of how much work needs to be done to get a stable qt4 frontend? Is it man weeks or man months?

I would say a couple of man weeks maximum (full time).

Will the qt4 frontend be identical to the qt3 frontend from a user's perspective or do you change the user interface during the transition?

It will be mostly similar, except for the Citation Dialog which I changed quite heavily.

I am asking because if there will be a stable qt4 frontend available in the near future, we shouldn't start too many new projects and should keep the trunk stable.

AFAIK, the only new project that can destabilize the trunk is unicode. Appart from that the recent features/optimization have been incremental.

(Note: A CT cleanup is approaching. (Yes, I will present it in chunks but I want to make sure that it works first. (Hold your breath, it might be ready be the weekend)))

Looking forward to using it :-)

Abdel.