On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:29:11AM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:

> I will be able to provide a working scons environment for myself
> (Linux) in about a week and post the result here. Abdel and/or Enrico
> can try it on their windows machine and make it work for win/cygwin.
> This will make our *own* lives easier. (If you have run ./configure
> under windows, you know what I mean.) I would appreciate it if the
> core developers would allow us to put these into the trunk so that we
> can easily share the modifications, but I guess we can use this list
> as well.

Given that you mention me, I feel authorized to give my opinion ;-)
I personally never had big problems with auto tools on Windows.
Even not fully understanding them, I was always able to tweak them
such that to obtain what I needed. So, I feel at home with the
autoconf thing and am somewhat scared to change.

Nevertheless I will gladly help to tune any new environment which
may help simplifying maintainance.

In any case, I acknowledge your enthusiam and initiative. The
configure.py thing, for example, is a big step forward at least
on Windows (not even taking into account the auto-view work).

--
Enrico