On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:30:06AM +0200, Joost Verburg wrote:

> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> > It is already generating it my friend. I was trying to improve the
> > present build system which is close to sxxxt as far as I am concerned
> > with windows. You say you are caring about portability across old Unix
> > and other exotic system but I reckon there are *much* more users on
> > windows than the sum of all those other system. It's not that I like
> > Windows (far from it) but I am _forced_ to it, so are many others.
>
> I also think that the development of a scons system is a good thing that
> should be supported. The Windows auto* stuff only works on Cygwin and
> supports nothing else than GCC.

This is not true. They are indeed geared towards gcc but can be made
to work with other compilers. Sadly, there are not much of them in
the free software domain.

> A good scons system will make it possible to compile using MinGW,
> Microsoft C++, Borland or whatever using the same scripts.

While I have no problems with auto tools, I think that it is wrong
to put one's head in the sand. So if something better is proven to
exist, it is foolish ignoring it (you would risk to be a dinosaur
doomed to extinction).

However, I am afraid that this is neither mine nor your call...

--
Enrico