John and Lars,

you both did not directly answer Michaels question. So what should he do
now? IMHO a simple "yes", "no", or "yes, but only in a separate branch"
would be in order.

Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> John Levon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
>
> | On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 12:07:32AM +0200, Michael Gerz wrote:
> |
> | > I must confess that this patch will break CT in some cases
> |
> | Why is there such pushback against making branches for stuff that's
> | *known* broken?
>
> I have no idea... it seems all my suggestions on using branches is put
> down without even trying.

Maybe one reason for this is that people don't know how branches work
exactly.
Lars, from your commit messages I see that you follow a different procedure
than I know from CVS times to update your branches.
I guess everybody knows how to create a branch:

svn copy svn+ssh://svn.lyx.org/lyx/lyx-devel/trunk
svn+ssh://svn.lyx.org/lyx/lyx-devel/branches/mybranch

but what is the preferred method to rebase it with trunk? The svn book is
not very helpful here. It would be very nice if you could explain it with a
few sentences. This could then be put in the wiki.

Georg