On May 9, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Bennett" == Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Bennett> On May 2, 2006, at 10:03 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Michael" == Michael Gerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Michael> Hi, when running LyX 1.4.2svn, I get the following error
Michael> message:
Michael> Error while reading the configuration file lyxrc.defaults.
Michael> Please check your installation.
Michael> Removing ~/.lyx-1.4.2svn didn't help. Does anybody have the
Michael> same problem?

Bennett> I had similar problem on Mac. This patch fixes it, with one
Bennett> glitch.

Bennett> When LyX-1.4.2svn is run the first time, it reads in
Bennett> lyxrc.dist, then finds that there is no lyxrc.defaults and so
Bennett> runs reconfigure. But lyxrc.defaults is never read after it
Bennett> is generated.

Michael, Bennett, could you confirm that these problems are solved
now?

The glitch is now fixed as well.

The only remaining problem for me is that lyxrc.defaults gets read after lyxrc.dist, overwriting settings that should be defaults on Mac. That's the auto-view stuff....

Bennett