John Levon wrote:

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 10:27:17PM +0200, Michael Gerz wrote:

        case LFUN_CHANGE_REJECT: // what about these two
        case LFUN_ALL_CHANGES_ACCEPT:
        case LFUN_ALL_CHANGES_REJECT:
-               flag.enabled(buffer_ && buffer_->params().tracking_changes);
+               flag.enabled(buffer_);

Will there be a plan to re-enable the test at some point? I.E. are you
going to make "there are unaccepted changes" an O(1) operation on the
buffer?
No. The test has been removed on purpose. In fact, the major motivation of the CT code changes is the user requirement to switch CT off without having to accept all changes before. I often switch off ct for simple editoral changes in MS Word such that only major changes show up in the documents that I share with others.

-       if (features.isAvailable("dvipost") && params().tracking_changes
-           && params().output_changes)
+       if (features.isAvailable("dvipost") && params().output_changes)
                features.require("dvipost");

What does the UI for these two options look like?
Change tracking and change output can be enable/disabled. The current status is indicated in the LyX menu.

        // Are we in a DELETED change-tracking region?
-       if (buf && buf->params().tracking_changes
-           && lookupChangeType(cur, true) == Change::DELETED
+       if (buf && lookupChangeType(cur, true) == Change::DELETED
Presumably this is or is going to be a fast operation now?
I haven't cared for performance yet. AFAICS, CT will be at least as "fast" as it is today, maybe even a bit faster because changes with type UNCHANGED won't be stored anymore.

Michael