On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 07:30:43PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

> I am giving up for now, but I guess it should be possible to compile it
> successfully. The question is, is it useful? (Don't tell me that you
> already got that with cygwin Enrico ;-))

I suggest that you stop wasting your time ;-)

Even if you succeed in compiling the client, it will not work because
Qt should be aware of unix sockets, too.

The story is that LyX registers a callback function with Qt passing
to it the socket she wants to be notified upon. But if Qt is not
aware of unix sockets this will never happen.

To allow for this functionality in the X11-less version of qt3 I build by
myself, I had to replace all the code dealing with sockets. I was helped
by the fact that when I was younger I wrote an unix emulation library for
the Amiga (I even had to implement the select() function), so I have a
bit of experience with these matters.

And before you ask, no, I will not write an unix emulation library
for mingw ;-)

--
Enrico