Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Joost> Do you mean that you want it to use AddFontResourceEx on
Joost> Win2K/XP? That would require some hacks, if you link to this
Joost> API it won't work on Win9x anymore.

I thought the windows way of handling this was to return an error
value when the function is not supported. In this case, we could fall
back to the old one.

I do not understand very well how windows handles this API versionning
stuff, but I want to know :)

If you link against an API function that does not exist, like AddFontResourceEx on Win9x/ME, the application won't start. There are however compiler options to delay the load of a function.

I think AddFontResource is fine, the only difference is that the font becomes available for other application as well after you have started LyX.

Joost