Decrease from 20s to 23s? The math seems wrong here :-)

increase of course :-) I have figured out the reason. The patch
disables implicit_cache if fast_start=no. This option is on all the
time before.

Note that fast_start means skip the configure step, and go to the
build step directly, by caching test results and use current config.h.
This is like skipping ./configure with autotools.

> Of course, to apply the patch, we will need autotools adjustment as well.

Yes, plus the fact that autotools use XXX_moc.C naming scheme.

This is easy since scons can control the file name of moc output.

I am going to test your patch right now but does it contains the test on
client building?

Yes. It also has some other improvement, like creating prefix
directory, full locale/gettext support, and some cleaning of code.

Bo