Bo Peng wrote:
Personally I am very interested in the VC++2005 support. Can we have
that with Scons Bo? My laptop has just been migrated to XP SP2 so I
managed to install VC2005 at last.

The scons website says yes, but I heard that scons can not generate
the real ??? file that vc uses (like cmake does), it rather generate
some kind of nmake file that vc can manage. I have not checked the
details.
I knew about the nmake support but I think I have read somewhere in their list archive that this feature (VC++ project generation) has been added recently. Maybe only in CVS.

Another rumor is that free qt is *only* designed for mingw and you
will need a commercial qt version to work with vc. If this is true, I
guess you are out of luck.
It is not _supported_ for other compiler than mingw but it is not designed for mingw. The Qtwin unofficial patch just add support for other compiler in QMake without touching the Qt source code.

Abdel.