Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> I have enabled the font width caching in the qt4 frontend.
Abdelrazak> Under windows I have a 5 seconds improvements when
Abdelrazak> scrolling the UserGuide with pageDown (35 instead of 40).

If you go this route and it seems worth it, you should think about
replacing the std::map with something else (hash? vector?) that has
faster access. I remember that map searching was very visible in
profiles.
OK, thanks for the info. As a side note, IMHO, there might be something wrong in the way QFontMetrics is used within LyX. I an going to read a bit the documentation and see if there is some other way to do what we want without the width caching. I don't promise anything though...

Abdel.