On May 25, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Bennett> I substituted

Bennett> LSRolesMask role = (mode == VIEW) ? kLSRolesViewer :
Bennett> kLSRolesEditor; ^

Bennett> in two places. (Isn't that right?)

I told you the patch was bogus :)

And I thought "bogus" meant it would be all but useless, and it certainly wasn't that. (The syntax of that LSRolesMask line was new to me, though. Pretty slick.)

Bennett> 1. The generated lyxrc.defaults file has odd values, which
Bennett> leads me to think reconfigure is not paying attention to Mac
Bennett> native apps but is only looking at unix apps. Thus, gimp (not
Bennett> Mac native) shows up as the viewer/editor for all image
Bennett> formats, even though the default on my system is something
Bennett> else (mostly Preview.app).

What happens if you insert a graphics inset and use the 'edit' button?

It works properly. If the values specified in lyxrc.defaults are irrelevant (as Bo says), then I think there's nothing to worry about.

Bennett> 3. The LaTeX -> HTML converter shows up as:

Bennett> \converter latex html "htlatex $$i" "originaldir,needaux"

Bennett> However, with "originaldir" in there, no .html file is
Bennett> produced in the temp directory when choosing View -> HTML.

Is it a peculiarity of htlatex? How should it be invoked?

Apparently the trouble here is my use of View > HTML. With "originaldir" specified, it creates all files from the htlatex run in the directory of the original .lyx file. This is fine for Export > HTML, but with View > HTML it tries to open a .html file located in the tmp directory, which it then cannot find. Not sure what the solution is.

Bennett> I wonder whether we ought to add rtf <-> latex converters as
Bennett> standard.

How good are the converters?

Pretty good -- about as good as the .doc <-> latex converters and certainly better than nothing.

Bennett> Finally, I'm attaching a lyxrc.dist file that ought to
Bennett> replace the preferences file now located at
Bennett> development/MacOSX/LyX.app/Contents/ Resources/.

I'll handle that on monday.

Thanks.

JMarc

PS: looks like we did a good team work!

Well, I'm slowly learning, but it's too slow and exacerbated by my lack of time to learn things properly and systematically!

Bennett