>> > I did that. Two things for a start: > - it would be good if
>> --with-frontend=kde compiled the qt frontend > automatically.
>>
>> Yes and at runtime, the binary would switch to Qt only is KDE is
>> not detected. Is this possible?

Georg> I guess so, but it would involve dynamic loading of libs at run
Georg> time, and before anything happens the binary must decide
Georg> whether it wants a QApplication or KApplication.

Aren't there projects that try to do this already? For example, is
this thing useful?
http://qds.berlios.de/index.html

I remember reading an interview of Matthias Ettrich some time ago
where he wanted to do something like that.

Also, I found reference to some Qt/KDE integration patches in SUSE.
What is that?