Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 03:20:17PM +0200, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Bo Peng wrote:
The only reason why I've not used scons is that scons can't generate
project files and cmake has support of Visual C++  and KDevelop.
Personally I rarely use any IDE and use vim all the time, but you have
your point. I do hope that scons will catch up in this area soon.
Hi Bo,

If has already apparently for VC++. From the Scons main web page (http://scons.tigris.org/) you can read this:

# Support for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and 2005

Generates .dsp and .dsw files, or .sln and .vcproj files, from the same build configuration used to build on all platforms. Allows Windows developers to do all the productive point-and-click debugging they're used to without having to maintain a separate build configuration just for Windows.

Now, that's the first half of a roundtrip. What about .vcproj -> scons?

It could be coming apparently:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.scons.user/11170

Abdel.