Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Michael> FYI: We do not track removals of leading spaces:

I think that we should track them (qnd other depm tricks).
depm with CT activated won't be more tricky than depm etc without CT. In the end, CT should not disturb other LyX features.

Tracking removals of leading spaces doesn't really make sense. This is how LyX works with my patch:

 - New paragraph: "Hello World"
 - CT is activated
 - User deletes "Hello"
 => "Hello" is marked as deleted; no leading spaces!
 - User accepts deletion of "Hello"
 => space in front of "World" is removed (with a little delay);
     no need to mark this as deleted; in fact marking it is as deleted
     would be a big nuissance; the user would have to accept yet
     another change; LyX may also be confused that there is still
     a space at the beginning

Conclusion: We shouldn't track changes that are enforced by LyX.

Michael