Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Peter" == Peter Kümmel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Peter> I've not followed the thread but maybe this is what you are
Peter> looking for:

Peter> qmake -query QT_INSTALL_LIBS
This is not described by qmake help, it would be too easy! I finally
found it in my qt3.3 manual, but I can only use
    * QT_INSTALL_PREFIX - Where the version of Qt this qmake is built
for resides * QT_INSTALL_DATA - Where data for this version of Qt resides
    * QMAKE_VERSION - The current version of qmake

See for example:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qmake-environment-reference.html

4.0 is deprected, use 4.1 instead:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qmake-environment-reference.html

This is not very useful.

So it seems that your copy of qt has additional settings configured.
Is that something we can rely on?

It works with official Qt/Mingw:

D:\program\Qt\4.1.3\bin>.\qmake -query QT_INSTALL_LIBS
d:\program\Qt\4.1.3\lib

and with locally compiled Qt/MSVC:

D:\program\Qt\4.1\bin>.\qmake.exe -query QT_INSTALL_LIBS
D:\program\Qt\4.1\lib

Abdel.