Georg> Am Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2006 20:57 schrieb Peter Kümmel:
>> I haven't found a Makefile.am in /intl so I've done it like the
>> scon script.

Georg> My mistake. I thought you were talking about a file in
Georg> src/support. I have no idea about intl/.

Yes, intl/ is weird.

Georg> A very dump question: Why do we have intl/ at all? Why can't
Georg> whose who have a OS with a broken getext get GNU gettext on
Georg> their own or live with an untranslated LyX?

Because (1) this is how gettext is designed to be used and (2) if people
do have a gettext, but it is not usable for us, they would have to
install the library and utility programs, which may conflict with the
OS-installed ones.