On Jun 14, 2006, at 4:14 AM, Martin Vermeer wrote:

Attached a slightly better (less visually intrusive) solution.

The logic is still the same, but now it draws a real box (with fixed
dimensions) not extending to the canvas edge.

It appears to work OK in my limited testing. Note that now insets within
insets never go Wide, I hope Bennett is OK with that (i.e., the slower
rendering that this implies).

It's not good on Mac. With nested insets, it is trivial for me to get significant cursor lag when typing: with even just one inset nested inside another (and just enough text in these insets to fill the LyX window), I have to wait 5 seconds after typing a sentence for LyX to catch up. Without this patch, there is no lag, even with many large insets nested many layers deep.

Bennett