Jose' Matos wrote:
Hi,
        this is another subjective report so please take it with a grain of
salt. :-)

I have updated qt4 to the latest 4.1.4 and I perceive it as faster, I can certainly notice the difference from the first version I tried (4.1.2).

        FWIW I have lyx configure with:
./configure --without-included-gettext --with-version-suffix \
--with-qt4-dir=/usr/lib/qt4/ --disable-nls --with-frontend="qt qt4"

  That means that debug is enabled, even so it feels real fast.

That's great news indeed.

  Congratulations Abdel. :-)

Thanks :-)

I know that your branch is even faster, but the time is running out for my thesis and next Saturday's Torino talk. :-)

Good luck.

Abdel.