"Bo Peng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| So you mean we can ignore xform and gtk when implementing new
| features? If the value of trunk/xform is only for speed benchmarking,
| we can remove/ignore it totally and use 1.4.x. xform.

*doh* ... I wish some one had made that statement a bit earlier... I
 feel embarassed for not thinking about this earlier.

| > Having these build systems in the tree has never been a problem, only
| > having them spew stuff all over is. But we resolved that.
|
| The end result of putting everything into one big SConstruct file is
| not that bad, but it is still not the official or recommended way to
| do things in scons.

Perhaps not, but automake/autoconf is still the official LyX build
system.

If you continue to make such nice progress with scons, that might
change in the not too distant future.

| > You are frustrated about not being allowed to play with the lyx
| > sources as you please, and I am frustrated about not beeing heard.
|
| I am not quite sure about the problem with Abdel's patch. I would say
| important features should be separated into several patches, but small
| non-disputable add-ons can be smuggled in.

Yes, but that was obviously not the case this time.

| It takes time to separate
| patches.

But not quite as much time if thought about from the beginnig.

--
        Lgb