On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 01:39:32PM +0200, Asger Ottar Alstrup wrote:

> John Levon wrote:
> > No review is done
>
> This is better than code does not get committed, given that the
> developer is competent.

There really is no developer I've ever met who doesn't need review, and
I work with some very very smart developers...

> If you have a long slot, you want to code away. If you have to stop and
> send patches, and wait for review, you will only be able to work for 1
> hour of your slot before you have to artificially do other stuff that is
> not dependent on the first patch.

This seems like a stupid restriction of subversion more than anything
else. If we were using mercurial, the developer could commit locally
each change and still get them reviewed individually.

In fact that could also happen with the personal branches, though the
overhead is a little higher.

regards
john