Andre Poenitz wrote:
On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 01:47:07AM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
| | I cannot at the same time do
| | very small patches so that everyone can understand and wait tomorrow
| | for committing to trunk and then merging trunk with my branch.
| | Sure you can.

And to expand a bit:

        Create a branch (under younes... you said you would change
that right?), a prisitine copy of trunk. Add small tuff there (if you
are not confident that you can commit to trunk without controversy),
then point us either at the patch or the revision number.

Why not commit that immediately. It's less work and much more likely to
generate immediate feedback.

Just ask people how many of the 'experimental branches' they check out
regularily.
Then patches can (as long as they are not dependent on eacy other) be
cherry picked and merged easily to trunk.

Needless creation of extra work.

My exact feeling. Plus the fact that not many people are willing to do this cherry picking. I'd say only one actually ;-)

Abdel.