Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> I am not so sure... it is very convenient to work with, and it takes
> minimal time to learn...

Well I know that you are an Emacs user and that you are accustomed to have
an application that behaves differently than any other application.

But LyX target market is users coming from a Mac/Windows world and familiar
with a wordprocessor. For these users, having multiple clipboards is very
weird. Also, hiding the selection clipboard is what KDE and Gnome do.
Uniformity is maybe boring but it is good for users.

> The kipper thing is the first thing I turn off when setting up a new
> kde desktop. It interferes too much... but this probably put me in the
> power user category.

Well clipboard history is a power user thing. No, you are in the geek
category ;-)

But do you use the clipboard history in LyX then ? In a usability point of
view, people have problems if you mix in a menu static and dynamic
information. For example, very few people use the last launched
applications in the KMenu.

Cheers,
Charles
--