More information on this bug, which has the number in bugzilla 2664:
It happens only on a horizontal window resize, not on a vertical
resize.  It still exists in 1.4.2.

Dave Raymond

--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

Here is a rather odd bug in 1.4.1 running on Linux (Debian 3.1, i386)
with the qt interface (version 3.0.3 mt).  Immediately after
maximizing the lyx window, the font changes to some very large, bold
font.  Backspacing over these characters and then typing again returns
one to the original font.  This also happens after the window is
unmaximized.  I have verified that this occurs using both icewm and
metacity (gnome) window managers.

Dave Raymond

PS -- Should I file a bug report, or is this message sufficient?

--- End Message ---