You'll get more replies I expect if you post to the lyx-users list rather
than to lyx-docs. Very few people read this list.

Anyway, both for you and for the FAQ maintainer ;-)

(arg == "-x" || arg == "--execute") // Execute commands
(arg == "-e" || arg == "--export")  // buffer-export + argv[i+1]
(arg == "--import") // "buffer-import " + argv[i+1] + argv[i+2]

These should also go in the man page.

I'd suggest that
        lyx --export ps file.lyx
would do the trick.

The nice thing is: you no longer need an X-server for this to work.

Angus