On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 10:51:15PM +0400, Vitaly Lipatov wrote:

> > Mike> your work would be greatly appreciated. However, don't start
> > Mike> with DocStyle.lyx - that is more for the people who write
> > Mike> documentation. Start with Intro.lyx and Tutorial.lyx; these are
> > Mike> the documents new users read (or at least _should_ read) first.
> Our group have to know some rules from DocStyle.lyx. This is goal for
> translate it.
> Absolutely, we start with Intro.lyx

Vitaly, if you look at the "Translator's Guide", you'll see that your
first task as Chief-Translator is to write a "Russian Supplement to
the LyX Documentation Style Guide".  now, I don't recall what I did
with the Translation Guide, but I'm sure someone can help you out with
that part.

One thing to remember is that you DO NOT need to translate
DocStyle.lyx:  after all, your transation team has to know English if
they're going to do any translating!  :)  No, the goal of the Russian
DocStyle Supplement is to distill the elements of proper Russian
writing style down to a few good reminders.

In the end, your Supplement should reflect whatever the current
acceptable writing style is at the big publishing houses in Mosow or
Petersburg or wherever.  Also, the resulting docs should be an "easy
read".  Look at the Translator's Guide for more pointers.

--
John Weiss

"Not through coercion.  Not by force.  But by compassion.  By
affection.  And, a small fish."  -His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama