On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 12:35:58PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Just a minor issue, but perhaps worth noting as more people with a
> windows (MS Word) background come to GNU/Linux and Lyx.
>
> The "Tutorial", in the "What is Lyx" chapter, harps on about how "in
> other word processors" you enter font sizes, tabs, etc.

[snip]

> Perhaps most people are not familiar with 'styles' from, eg. Ms Word.

I now have to suffer through M$ Word at work.  One of the first things
I did was create styles that made Word behave more like LyX.  The
second thing I did was create macros that would repair those styles
after Word decided that it knew better than me and hosed my styles.
Frankly, I find M$ Word's "styles" severely lacking.

--
John Weiss

"Not through coercion.  Not by force.  But by compassion.  By
affection.  And, a small fish."  -His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama