Georg Baum wrote:

As I use LyXWin, could somebody please send me his file "LaTeX-Configuration"? This menu is broken in LyXWin and I need it to describe it in the docs. Thanks.

I guess you don't mean the file that you can get via Help->LaTeX Configuration?

No I mean exactly this one.

BTW, this document is generated from lib/doc/lib/doc/LaTeXConfig.lyx.in in the source package.

Thanks. I managed to have my own version know.
There is a little bug: LyX searches for the obsolete package "a4wide". As described in the file "l2tabu", that can be downloaded from CTAN, a4wide shouldn't be used.

I want the example and template LyX files that comes with the beamer package to be added to LyX CVS. These files works very well and the author of course allows this. Is this possible or are there some

I don't think that it is worth the effort:
1. The need for updates. Including the files makes only sense if they are always up to date. Who is going to do that?

The layout and example files needn't to be changed when beamer comes up with a new version. I tested the actual files hardly and improved them together with the beamer author, so that they are stable since beamer 2 (the actual one is beamer 3.1).

2. More effort for .rpm and .deb creators. At least debian has a latex-beamer package that contains the latex and lyx files. If lyx would also contain the files, there would be a conflict, so they must be excluded from the .deb package.

Why that? All we have to do, is to copy the files to the folders lyx/share/lyx/layouts etc. So why do files in different folders cause trouble?
The LyX files of the beamer package are placed by default in tex/latex/beamer/lyx
but they are "senseless" there; LaTeX doesn't register them and can't take up something with.
If a LyX user wants to use beamer, he has to copy the files from
tex/latex/beamer/lyx
lyx/share/lyx/
manually. So I thaught we can do this for the user by deliver the files with the Lyx package.

regards uwe