Since it's a rainy day today, I've started to give the FAQ section on the wiki
a somewhat sensible structure.

Until now, the FAQ was organized with reference to some file FAQ.lyx that
isn't existing anymore since a long time, some random thematic pages (with
very different style) and a big "unsorted" page. Many of the answers are
outdated, there are user edits such as "I tried your answer and it didn't work
for me", etc.

In other words: It's a big, big mess.

My plan is to organize the FAQ related to larger thematic units. That's what I
have started, but very much is still left to do.

Please, if you find some time, help rearranging the pages so that it finally
becomes a useful source of information.

What needs to be done:

* Move contents from general pages (such as http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Running,
http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Using, http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Unsorted and
http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Unsorted1) to thematic pages such as
http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Tables. The former pages should ideally be deleted
eventually.

* Integrate specific pages such as http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/MultipleAuthors
into larger thematic units (these pages can be (:Include:)ed and then removed
from the PageList)

* All FAQs should be presented as FAQs, i.e. in the form
        - How can I do this?
          Do the following: ...
  IMHO, extended HowTos are not FAQs. Also things like: "John Doe wrote on
  lyx-users: ..." are not appropriate.

* User comments such as "I tried your answer and it didn't work for me" do not
belong to the FAQ. We should look if these concerns can be dealt with in the
answer and remove such comments.

In general, we should aim at a somewhat consistent style.

Also, please watch out for outdated information.

Thanks,
Jürgen