On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:49 AM, John R. Hudson
<j.r.hud...@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 17:56 -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM, John R. Hudson
>> <j.r.hud...@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>> > Yes - I haven't been able to do anything since the change from
>> > subversion to git because of an eye problem which has now been treated;
>> > with subversion I could copy just the documentation but, from the
>> > instructions on the website and a look with Trac, I could not see a way
>> > to copy just the documentation. I will follow the instructions to copy
>> > the whole source and then just work on the documentation if that is the
>> > only way to do it but I just thought I would ask in case I had missed
>> > something.
>>
>> Ah, I see what you mean. I didn't understand that you wanted the
>> development version of the documentation. Great!
>>
>> I don't know how to do that with Git from the command-line. You can
>> see the current git repository online. For example you could get the
>> documentation here:
>> http://git.lyx.org/?p=lyx.git;a=tree;f=lib/doc;h=9c5d3d3f9e2af637c45d6a7d85ed14184cb346b8;hb=e04523f77be2a6d2b5ca708900857154b1eff902
>>
>> I got there by going to git.lyx.org > lyx.git > tree > lib > doc
>>
>> Or feel free to send me an email and ask for certain files or folders.
>>
>> Note that if you aren't using the newest development version you might
>> have problems with the format version of the .lyx files.
>>
>> Scott
> Thanks. I have 2.0.5.1 installed - so I assume I won't have any problems
> with the documentation format.

I just took a look and I think you're right for most of them. But for
Additional.lyx I see:
#LyX 2.1 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 447

which suggests that you need a recent 2.1 development build. If that
would be annoying for you to build, let me know and I can export the
manual to 2.0.x format. I'm not sure what would be lost in the
conversion.

Scott