Am 13.01.2013 09:55, schrieb John R. Hudson:

Since my last mail to the list, I have completed about two thirds of the
UserGuide; my plan was to go on to the Alternatives manual after that
and I will then look at Customization.

So you only revised the language (writing style), right? That is fine for
- Intro
- Tutorial
- UserGuide
- Math
- EmbeddedObjects

For Additional and Customization much more needs to be done because there are some things described which do no longer exists in LyX or were replaced by a new machinery. Many links are broken or outdated and I think we should remove the description of the document classes because they are completely outdated and these classes change more often than we release LyX.

- Currently the only up-to-date chapter in Customization is chapter 5.
- Currently the only up-to-date chapter in Additional is chapter 8.

There should only be one problem about returning the Intro and Tutorial
to the article class; at one point I put in a New Page to improve the
formatting under KOMA Script.

OK.

I have left Track changes set in the UserGuide; so you can see whether
the changes I am suggesting are helpful.

Thanks.

best regards
Uwe