On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 01:16 +0100, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 17.01.2013 17:55, schrieb John R. Hudson:
>
> > I attach the User Guide...
>
> I'm now stepping through your changes to the Tutorial. Some remarks:
>
> - I kept the book class for the file as already discussed.
>
> - you changed all menus names to some containing underlined characters. This
> is funny because I once
> spent a lot of time to remove them. The problem is that there accelerator key
> change with every lyx
> release and maintaining them becomes a nightmare. Moreover the accelerators
> are different for each
> document language. Moreover it turned out that only a few users really use
> them and those who do
> will see them by pressing the Alt key.

Thanks for clarifying that. The reason I added the underlining was
because people do not read words or letters but patterns; so I was
trying to make the pattern they saw in the manual the same as the
pattern they saw on the interface. This makes it easier to associate the
manual with the interface.

I was assuming that these associations would normally remain the same.
Unfortunately, I have continued this through the User Guide and
Additional Features manual as well for consistency.

John