Hi—

As you probably can tell by now, I’m running into trouble teaching myself how
to use LyX from your document “The LyX Tutorial”.

I just tried out the suggestions in section 2.1.1:

2.1.1 Typing, Viewing, and Exporting

Open a new file with File◃New

Type a sentence like: This is my first LYX document!

Save your document with File ◃ Save As.

Create a PDF file, with View◃View or the toolbar button . LYX will open a
PDF-viewer program displaying your document as it will look when printed.3

Export the ready to print document with File ◃ Export to a format you want.

Congratulations! You have written your first LYX document. All of the rest is
just details.

I got through the first three bullet points, but not the fourth. (I’m using Mac
OS 9.2.) In your pull-down menu “View” there is no sub-option also called
“View”. But there *is* an option called  “Toolbars” within which I found an
option called “View/Update”. That’s as close as I could come to “View◃View”.

View/Update didn’t work. (No viewer was forthcoming.)

 Please advise.

Thanks,
Barry Brent