Thank-you both for the replies. Liviu, the scroll bar + Control combo is exactly the sort of thing that may be buried in the docs somewhere, but I had no idea about. If it is buried somewhere therein, I'm glad I didn't have to read through a lot of tiny font first to find it, so thank-you. As I wrote, I did find the Preferences -> Screen fonts and changed that from 120% to 200%, but thanks for your comments. My point is just that mentioning this as item #1 would be helpful for others like me so we don't have a bunch of eye strain before finding that out.

James