Every mail (with attachments) in the last few days I sent to the docs-
and devel-mailinglists was bounced.

The message always said:
SMTP error from remote server for TEXT command, host: thales.memphis.edu
(141.225.8.55) reason: 554 This message contains prohibited content

This error message is – maybe misleading?
There was no illegal stuff nor any profanity I could detect in the
bounced mails.

Since I didn’t find any offical statement on the policy regarding
attachment types, their size or contents for the mailing list:

What is the policy on this here?
Why did I get those bounces?
Can you please clarify this 554 in the future?
Please make the policy on this more visible, easier to find.

If it is a problem with the size of the attachments (simply a zipped
lyx-doc, less than 50K) please increase the size of allowed attachments.

Thx
greetings
Mike