El 15.04.2017 a las 11:15, mn escribió:

The attached EPS-files have just been resaved with inkscape, reducing
their size.
(But how were they created? They look quite pixelated)

Hi Mike,

yes, the EPS images are very old and they are no real vector graphics.
If you could propose 2 better EPS images whose are actually real vector graphics, we could use them. Note: the license of these images has to be under the GPL version 2 or later to be used with LyX. So if you like you could propose 2 EPS that you have created by yourself in inkscape.

The attached PDFs from the docs-subdirectory have been recompressed.

This works because you used a never PDF version. Older PDF viewers might not be able to open them. You used PDF version 1.5 (requires Acrobat version 6 (released in 2003) or newer). I think that nowadays all popular PDF programs can handle version 1.5 but we cannot assure that. So I'll update the PDFs as you proposed.

Note: I get font errors (missing fonts) from current Adobe reader for your PDFs.

If docs looking the best they could is still a goal, then please have a
look at the terrible kerning in Zusammenfassung.pdf and Abstract.pdf
It looks like "A bsatz".

This PDF is an excerpt of a PDF created using a special scientific document class. This class requires certain fonts and uses other kernings than the default. So yes, it looks not perfect but the aim of the PDF is just to show how an abstract could look.

Further, the little screenshots used showcase mostly very outdated
font-diplay.

I'll have a look.

thanks and regards
Uwe