On Friday, 16 February 2018 10.11.32 WET Jean-Pierre Chrétien wrote:
> You are right, there is no hurry to remove unusable layouts. Maybe the best
> would be to remove these when a layout for agujournal and one for copernicus
> (for EGU) are available. It seems to me that agutex.layout can be reused
> for agujournal, I will give a try later.

I have recently looked into copernicus
https://publications.copernicus.org/for_authors/latex_instructions.html

and they have this warning:
"Authors are kindly requested to make use of the template.tex file embedded in
the LaTeX
Package since most of the definitions for the structure of manuscript elements
are described
there. Since we convert all typeset TeX files into XML, the expressions and
markups have to be
highly standardized."

> As these are new layouts (and hopefully, templates), this can be done with
> the 2.3 maintenance releases, it is not necessary to wait for master
> release.
>
> José, I see that you developed with Martin a layout file and a set of .inc
> files for use with DocBook. I guess this is obsolete as well?

Which ones?
The idea, if I remember correctly, about the docbook layout files is to have
the same structure
as the latex layout files.

--
José Abílio