Clemmitt> Hi, all,

Clemmitt> I'm installing LyX 0.12.1pre8 and have installed all the
Clemmitt> various classes, styles, and fonts recommended in the
Clemmitt> "Inventory of your LaTeX configuration" document under the
Clemmitt> Help pull-down menu.

Clemmitt> It all works except for one thing.  I get this message from
Clemmitt> ./configure:

Clemmitt>    + checking for ec fonts... yes + checking for ec support
Clemmitt> in LaTeX format... no

Clemmitt> What do I need to do to enable ec support in LaTeX format?
Clemmitt> I'm kinda clueless because I didn't install LaTeX, our
Clemmitt> sysadmin did, but I'm trying to administer it now :^/ TIA.

You have to get a new enough version of LaTeX2e (that is, newer than
the release date of the ec fonts). With older versions of LaTeX, T1
encoding may be available if you have the dc fonts (aka beta ec
fonts). However, the use of dc fonts is now discouraged.

JMarc