Kaare> If I try to left justify a section header, LyX produces this
Kaare> code:

Kaare> \section{\raggedright Text of section that is supposed to spand
Kaare> several lines}

Kaare> But it seems to be incorrect and LaTeX gives this error
Kaare> message:

Kaare> ! Argument of \@sect has an extra }.

Kaare> Is this a known problem? Can I do something about it?

Well, it seems that we should forbid using justification for
sections. I remember that it was disallowed and that this
restriction was changed some time ago, but I do not remember why...

I do not know of a good way of obtaining left justified sections,
unfortunately.

JMarc