>> From: Michael Behrens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: table with some empty cells, lyx->latex->html
>> Hallo!
>>
>> Does anybody know how to make a table float with some empty cells to be
>> correctly translated to HTML with latex2html? My example in the attachment
>> translates well to LaTeX and is printed perfectly, but when I translate it
>> with latex2html (V. 0.98.1), empty cells are completely ignored, and if
>> there are cells to the right of the empty cell, they are shifted left. I
>> could work around with tiny periods in each cell, but that cannot be the
>> solution.

Empty cells are no good in HTML even when correctly translated
if there is a border.
My solution would be to fill in empty cells in LaTeX with any unambiguous
string of characters, and postfilter the html code to replace it with
a small transparent image.
Hacking the latex2html perl code could do it at the expense of time, I guess.

Regards,

--
Jean-Pierre