---Reply to mail from Matthias Zenker about \displaystyle in mathed

> Hi,
>
> I have a formula with a large fraction and an integral in the numerator
> and one in the denominator. Now by default, LaTeX sets the integrals in
> textstyle, which doesn't look good. In LaTeX, I can change this with the
> command \displaystyle. My problem is that when re-opening the document,
> mathed simply removes the \displaystyle command, and I have to retype it.
> Bug, feature, my fault ... ?

Well, the current way of implimenting \displaystyle is a bit complicated.
You have to enter that command from within the minibuffer (the line just
below the text region which often displays keystroke shortcuts and the
like).  It's described in the UserGuide.  You do have to be careful where
the cursor is when you enter that command, especially with fractions, or
only part of the fraction may get changed to displaystyle.

> P.S.: almost 3 weeks ago, LyX0.12.1 was to be released "every second". Did
> I miss it, or are these just "long seconds"... ? ;)

It seems that 0.12.1 may get a promotion to 1.0, which might incur a few
more seconds' worth of delay, but which would result in more refinements
and more attention.

---End reply
--

David L. Johnson             [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Mathematics    http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html

Some people used to claim that, if enough monkeys sat in front of enough
typewriters and typed long enough, eventually one of them would reproduce
the collected works of Shakespeare.  The internet has proven this not to
be the case.