> On 06-Oct-98 Reuben Thomas wrote:
>> I want to stop the word "FORTRAN-77" being hyphenated even though it
>> contains a hyphen. Does LyX have any support for this, or must I write
>>
>> \mbox{FORTRAN-77}
>>
>> in TeX mode?

Two suggestions:

1) Just in case you did not think about this, unlikely how it may be:

\newcommand{\f77}{\mbox{FORTRAN-77}}

in the preamble will save you some typing, requiring only \f77 in TeX mode.

2) Cheat: type - as a minus sign (in math mode). I tried six or seven lines
filled of FORTRAN$-$77 (the TeX code for the math minus is $-$), and I got no
hyphenations. In fact, as you see from the TeX, there are no spaces in
FORTRAN$-$77 that can get hyphenated... I don't know if the graphical result is
ok for you.

Cheers,

 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 164055, Fax: +46 8 167715, Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se