Gary> I have one final obstacle to full effective use of Lyx: Is there
Gary> *any* way to create a document acceptable to (gasp) MsWord?
Gary> I've tried latex2rtf but it fails to compile Lyx->LaTeX output
Gary> (and latex2pdf gives horrid output)

If your documents does not contain tables or equations, you could try
the linuxdoc textclass. The .sgml file it produces can be translated
to .rtf (with sgml-tools), which can be read by word.

JMarc