Sorry if that's documented somewhere:

How do you put 2 figures side by side?  I used the insert->float
and that seems to take the entire width of the page.

I've been disappointed the way my formulas look on paper (not on
the screen).  There is nothing wrong with the font but it seems
that the fraction bar (in the Math Panel) does not put enough
space between the numerator and the denominator and that's
especially apparent with the sum symbol.  How do you get around
this problem?

Thanks,

                                   myriam

Go Proverb: