Laurent> I am very new at LyX ( my first try in fact ).

Laurent> I have just retrieved the sources of LyX 0.12.0 on my Linux
Laurent> box ( i586, RedHat5.1, glibc ) box.

Laurent> Configure went well, compilation was OK.

Laurent> But when i try to run lyx i get the following message:

Laurent> LyXSetStyle: an error occured during parsing.  Exiting.

Laurent> Can anybody help ?

The first thing you could do is to get lyx 1.0.0pre2 from
ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable. If you still have problems, please ask
again. I think you faced a bug that have been fixed since 0.12.0.

JMarc